This recipe is great for using up leftover roasted vegetables
- freeze it
- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 250g tub ricotta cheese
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 12 dried cannelloni tubes
- 1 x 500g jar tomato sauce with basil
- 1 pack fresh mozzarella , sliced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/Gas 7. Place the sweet potato chunks into an ovenproof dish and drizzle with the oil. Cover with foil and roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until tender. Leave the oven on.
- Place the cooked sweet potato in a bowl with the ricotta, spring onions, cayenne pepper and the lime zest and juice. Mash until smooth and season with salt.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bad fitted with a large nozzle and pipe it into the cannelloni tubes (or use a teaspoon).
- Pour ½ the jar of tomato sauce into the oven dish you used to roast the sweet potatoes, then place the filled cannelloni tubes in a single layer on top. Pour the remaining sauce over, dot over the cheese and sprinkle over the chopped tomatoes. Reduce the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas mark 6 and bake for 25 minutes until the pasta is tender and the cheese golden.
Per serving: calories 348 (17%), sugar 14g (16%), fat 9.3g (13.2%), saturates 3.5g (17.5%), salt 0.8g (13.3%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.